Palatine (@1.33) vs Tinryland (@3.75)

Our Prediction:

Palatine will win

Palatine – Tinryland Match Prediction | 13-09-2019 15:00

Then - after the club took a break from hurling altogether for several years - in 2001 Willie Cullen captained Palatine to another Junior Hurling Championship at the age of 52. A Junior Hurling Championship was captured in 1983, and an Intermediate one in 1985. He also scored 1-4 on the day.

In 2015, they defeated Old Leighlin 2-12 to 2-8 in the final. But their young team came good for them eventually,[tone] with captain Jason Kane leading Palatine to back-to-back championships for the second time ever in 2015 and 2016.

Palatine led early on in the game, thanks in large part to a goal from Paul Reid. However, Kildavin-Clonegal had much the better of the play in the 2nd half and with a few minutes to go they led by three points. After many close-calls in county finals, Palatine finally won their fourth Senior Football Championship after a 54-year wait, defeating Kildavin-Clonegal in the 2006 final by 1-9 to 0-11.

The panel that captured the 1952 title included: Frank McGill, James Mahon, Jack Mahon, Tadhg Hendricken, Andy Dooley, Liam Hendricken, Paddy Byrne, Tom Kelly, Mick McAssey, Sean Kelly, Billy McGuill, Billy Kehoe Jnr, Jack McAssey, James Deering, Luke Hickey, Sean Hickson, Paddy Hickey, Liam Murphy, Lar Moran, Christy McGrath, Jimmy Hayes, Pat Metcalfe, Seamus Harmon, John Brady, Mick Brady and Paschal Hayes.

Michael Lyng MotorsSenior Football Championship

On Friday night Tinryland Seniorsplayed against County Champions Eire g. At half time the visitors led by 1-7 to Tinryland's 0-2. both Cian and MarkLalor who were both brought on impressed. Inthe second half as both teams introduced players from the bench the game becamemore open. From the start Eire g took control,on top throughout the field and the scoreboard. Tinryland kicked some wonderful points to bring them back intocontention but a soft goal put Eire g back in authority.

As the Tinryland defence began to dominate and get on tip of the away attack, it allowed breaks up field by wing backs Matthew Gleeson and Adam Fennelly which pulled the away team around the field. Martins on an afternoon perfect for football. Martins quickly equalised and then took the lead as the home defence took a while to settle into the game. St. A reorganisation in the Tinryland midfield allowed Cormac McElligott to storm up the field on one of his typically powerful runs and blast into the back of the away sides goal. Martins defence though stood firm at this stage and began to prevent the normally fast passing of the Tinryland forwards. St. Tinryland keeper Daniel Donegan pulled off two wonderful saves to keep the home side in the lead as Martins pushed for scores. The final score of the half came from Cormac McElligott as he put over for a point after some patient play as the Tinryland forwards moved the ball waiting for the shooting opportunity. Tinryland opened their U17 Championship by hosting St. The home side opened the scoring with a fine point by Killian Fagan after some excellent interplay by the forwards. A second score from Killian Fagan, followed immediately by a point from Paddy Regan moved Tinryland into the lead, but the away side again put over to level the match. Then with a quick break from defence, Martins grabbed a point, followed shortly after by a second to pull within one score.

The 2018 Carlow Senior Football Championship is the 118th edition of the Carlow GAA's premier club gaelic football tournament for senior graded clubs in County Carlow, Ireland. The tournament consists of 8 teams, with the winner going on to represent Carlow in the Leinster Senior Club Football Championship. The championship starts with a group stage and then progresses to a knock out stage.

The Andy Murphy Shield remains inPalatine Clubhouse. However Palatine had one morechance in the dying stages after Tinryland gifted them the ball. Final scorePalatine 2-10, Tinryland 3-7. Goals from Shane Redmond and GlenDoyle left the visitors only 2 points down. Special thanks to Palatine G.F.C who donatedtheir gate takings to the Carlow Hospice. The 8 point deficit leftTinryland supporters wondering how their team would respond in the second halfgiven that their past two second half performances were very poor. A fair result. Tinryland then took the lead forthe first time in the match with time almost up. Tinryland seniors picked up their first point of theirleague campaign in an entertaining match against their neighbours Palatine atPalatine G.F.C on Friday Night. Conditions were poor but that did not stop thehome team from taking control. After a high ball was launchedtowards their goal, the Palatine defence was unable to control the situationand the ball ended up in the back of the net. But creditto the Tinryland lads, they upped their game. The home teampressed forward and kicked the equalising point. With the help of two goals, it left the homeside leading 2-6 to 0-4 at the half time break.

In the closing stages of the first half both teams traded points with Darragh Murphy for Rathvilly converting another free and James McGrath slotting over a Tinryland point in the 27th minute after good play by Rory Doyle. Half time score Rathvilly 1-3 Tinryland 0-4. On the stroke of half time Tinryland conceded another free and Conor Doyle extended the Rathvilly advantage to 2 points as referee Frank Fitzpatrick sounded the half time whistle. Tinryland responded with a successful free from Niall Lowry after a foul on Adam Dunne and when Lowry converted another 45 in the 24th minute Tinryland supporters breathed a little easier.

Tinryland GFC

Asca were dealt a major blow just before the interval whengoalkeeper Noel OReilly received his marching orders for a high tackle on LiamFitzpatrick having strayed out a long way from his goal in Laois goalie Graham Brodystyle. Asca who included anumber of former Tinryland players in their line up were first on thescoreboard when midfielder Conor Byrne pointed after 2 minutes but this was toprove their only return in the first half as Tinryland dominated possession butmissed numerous chances to wrap up the game at this stage. Padraig Townsendopened the Tinryland account in the 3rd minute and the men in hoopswere never headed after Ciaran Larkin successfully converted a free in the 9thminute. Townsend stretched the Tinryland advantage to 2 points in the 10thminute after good play by Larkin but the men from Rathcrogue were way offtarget on numerous occasions in that opening half and only had a 4 pointadvantage at the break after further points from the hard working Dean Farrelland Ronan Curran.

The 2019 Carlow Senior Football Championship is the 119th edition of the Carlow GAA's premier club gaelic football tournament for senior graded clubs in County Carlow, Ireland. The tournament consists of 8 teams, with the winner going on to represent Carlow in the Leinster Senior Club Football Championship. The championship starts with a group stage and then progresses to a knock out stage.

When play resumed it was Rangers that made the early runningand veteran Willie Hickey reduced the margin to 3 points after only 30 secondsof play. Five minutes had elapsed whendisaster struck for Tinryland when a kick out went straight to Rangers player JamesKelly who seized his opportunity to crash the ball past Ciaran Byrne. Tinryland then introduced Cian Moore into action for Glenn Doyle asEddie Byrne successfully converted another free. Tinryland heads began to drop now and by the 49thminute the ball was back in the Tinryland net as Rangers extended theiradvantage to 7 points. Tinryland then regained the lead in the40th minute when Niall Lowry pointed after a Danny Moran pass. Tinryland then threw the kitchen sink atRangers but the men from the south held out until Shane Redmond found the netwith almost the last phase of play. Final score Mount Leinster Rangers 3-8Tinryland 2-7. 2minutes later Diarmaid Walshe had a gilt edged goal chance for Tinryland but heshot wide as Rangers replaced Luke Roche with Tony Lawlor. Taking heart fromTinrylands miss Eddie Byrne successfully converted another free and it goteven better for the M.L.R. With 5 minutes remaining DiarmaidWalshe reduced the margin to 7 points when he raised a white flag after M.L.R. Cathal Gaffney and Paul Doyle then entered the frayreplacing Cormac Walshe and Paul Broderick as Eddie Byrne slotted over anotherpoint for an 8 point advantage for Rangers. WithDanny Moran replacing Adam Dunne and Mark Morrissey replacing Conor OTooleTinryland went on the attack and Paul Broderick slotted over a free to levelmatters in the 38th minute. men when Conor Fenlon and Eddie Byrne combined foranother goal. sub Chris Nolan was Black carded.

A further Asca point from John Dwyer left only 2points separating the sides at this stage with 15 minutes remaining. Thesescores seemed to wake up Tinryland from their mini slumber and Dinny Farrellstretched their advantage back out to 3 points after good play by his namesakeDean. Against the run of play Asca then got a major lifeline whenfull forward Fionn Kehoe crashed the ball past Chris Townsend after a Tinrylanddefender was dispossessed. Tinryland then made sure of victory when Ronan Curran found the Asca netwith 9 minutes remaining after great combination play involving himself, ConorMcGrath and Dinny Farrell.